1) Handpainted Yarn. Create your own hand-painted masterpieces. In this class you’ll learn the basic skills to create a color wheel and use it to hand-paint your own yarn. Create your own unique yarns to knit, weave or crochet with!!! Make your own one-of-a-kind creations!! Dyes and a skein of yarn provided for this class, just bring your energy and creativity!!! Additional skeins of yarn available for purchase (limited supply) – $40 – 2 hours.
2) Felted Soap. Felted soaps provided cleansing and exfoliation at the same time. In this class, you’ll learn how to make your own decorative felted soaps. These make wonderful holiday and anytime gifts!! All-natural soaps and fiber provided. $20 – 1 hour. Additional kits available for purchase in class.
3) Dyeing and Color Wheel. Roses are Red, Violets are Blue. With this class you’ll learn a basic color wheel and have fun too. Participants will create dyed yarn samples based on color mixing from primary colors using a microwave and acid dyes. Supplies are included and participants will take home some dyes to recreate their own colors at home. Cost $25.00. 1 hours.
4) The Absolute Best Way to Learn How to Knit Continentally. Just back from New York & Seattle Vogue Knitting Live, knitting instructor/knitwear designer, Leslye Solomon, will be at Delmarva Fiber Festival with a huge selection of exciting designer yarns at great prices and holding her most popular class described below. Join Leslye to take her class called…..
The Absolute Best Way to Learn How to Knit (or switch to) Continental Style Knitting.
It doesn’t matter how old you were when you learned to knit or if you are left or right handed, Leslye has a proven technique that will help you quickly and easily change your style to knit faster, ergonomically, and create a more even fabric. Classes continue to sell out year after year because, as a result of this fun and easy-to-learn technique, students begin to fly through and love ribbing and seed stitch which are knit fabrics many knitters choose to avoid. Besides becoming more productive through speed, this method will also stop the problem of knitting too tight or too loose. Aches, soreness, and pains caused by your present winding method of possibly detrimental repetitive motion might be greatly reduced or eliminated with her reduced motion method. Enjoy renewed knitting confidence as you will find yourself attempting more complicated stitch projects. This life-changing, 3-hour, class is for beginners as well as experienced knitters.
Supplies: Bring light colored, smooth Aran or knitting worsted weight wool yarn and size 8 or 9 needles.
Special Class Price $39.95
5) Learn to use a Drop Spindle. Have you’ve always wanted to learn to make your own yarns but you’re not quite ready to make that investment in a spinning wheel? Learn how to spin using a drop spindle. It’s FUN…. It’s portable…. and a FRACTION of the cost of a wheel. Take the first steps and learn the basics today by taking this WONDERFUL class! Class includes your own drop spindle and some fiber to get you started. $35. 1 hour.
6) Sari Silk Ribbon Artsy Necklace. Enjoy making this custom sari silk necklace with accents of peacock feathers, wild feathers and beads. You will choose your necklace color from a selection provided and will construct the necklace and attach the feathers and beads. You will need to be comfortable using a needle and thread to attach the feathers. All items will be provided- but if you don’t want to share bring your own scissors. $25 . 1 1/2 hours
7) Knitted Artsy Silk Cowl. Join us for this easy and fun class as we knit beautiful artsy cowls from Fair Trade sari silk. During the class, Pam will provide the instruction on the pattern and techniques to knit this fun cowl that you will want to wear everywhere. After you choose your colors, the yarn, needles, pattern, instruction and fun are all included, so sign up now. All you need to bring are your basic knitting skills and we provide the rest. This quick project will give you a 3 season cowl that will look great for years. Cost $20. 1 hour.
8) Knitting with Hand Dyed Wool. Do you ever wonder what to do with that lovely hank of hand dyed yarn you fell in love with? Do you want to knit it into the perfect project but are afraid it’s going to pool or stack? Have you never heard of these things but know your projects using beautiful hand-dyed yarns could use some TLC? This is the class for you. We will go over different dyeing methods, how they affect your knitting and how to know what to look for or ask when you find that yarn you can’t do without. Cost $30. 2 hours. Will need to visit booth and obtain supplies for a $12 supply fee.
Supplies: 2 sets of knitting needles for worsted weight yarn
Level: Intermediate (Can knit, purl, cast on and cast off, increase, decrease, and follow patterns).
9) Painting on Rocks/Pebbles. Have you seen a painted rock along the sidewalk or on a bench and wondered where it came from? Take this class and learn to paint these beautiful works of art that can be used for gifts or just ‘placing’ around. All materials (2 stones) will be supplied for this 2 hours class. Extra stone/pebbles will be available for purchase. Cost is $30. 2 hours.
10) Easy Knitted Scarf. Want a quick and easy-start today and finish tomorrow project? This is the class for you! You will learn to knit this lightweight scarf, perfect for the spring. DK yarn and needles supplied. Cost is $20. 1 1/2 hours.
11) Easy Lace Knitting. Do you know how to knit and purl, but want to take the next step and learn how to knit lace? If so, this class is for you. Learn the simplest lace pattern in the world! Yarn and needles will be provided. Get tips on taking the basic skills learned to the next level. Cost is $20. 1 1/2 hours.